Who is Robert Englund?
Robert Englund is a legendary American actor, director and voice actor widely recognized for his iconic portrayal of the infamous fictional character Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street film series.
In addition to his successful career in horror films, Englund has also appeared in several television shows and movies, where he received critical acclaim and a huge fan following.
|First and last name||Robert Englund|
|Popular for||Playing supernatural serial killer Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street film series|
Birthday and zodiac
|Age (from 2023)||45 years old|
|Date of birth||June 6, 1947|
|Birthplace||Glendale, California, United States|
|Ethnicity||Swedish & Scottish|
|School||Granada Hills Charter High School & Royal Academy of Dramatic Art|
|University||University of Oakland & California State University, Northridge|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m)|
|Weight||70 kg (155 lbs.)|
|Estimated net worth||$8 million|
Family and relationship
|Father||John Kent Englund|
|Woman||Nancy Booth (m. 1988), Roxanne Rogers (m. 1986-1988), Elizabeth Gardner (m. 1968-1986)|
|Brothers or sisters||N/A|
Robert Englund Biography Timeline
Robert Englund is an American actor, director and voice actor best known for portraying the iconic horror character Freddy Krueger in the “Nightmare on Elm Street” film series. Here is a detailed timeline of his life and achievements:
- 1947: Robert Englund was born on June the 6th in Glendale, California.
- 1965: Englund is a graduate of the prestigious Cranbrook Theater School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.
- 1974: Englund debuted in the low budget horror film ‘Buster and Billie’.
- 1984: Englund becomes a horror icon with his portrayal of Freddy Krueger in Wes Craven’s “A Nightmare on Elm Street.”
- 1985: Englund reprises his role as Freddy Krueger in the sequel “A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge.”
- 1987: Englund stars in the movie “The Hidden” and is praised for his role as a sinister alien.
- 1988: Englund returns as Freddy Krueger in “A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master.”
- 1989: Englund appears in the cult classic “976-EVIL”, which he also directed.
- 1991: Englund stars in the horror film “The Phantom of the Opera” and receives critical acclaim for his performance.
- 1994: Englund appears in the movie “New Nightmare”, playing himself and Freddy Krueger.
- 1997: Englund stars in the movie “Wishmaster” and makes a cameo appearance as Freddy Krueger.
- 2003: Englund appears in the movie “2001 Maniacs” and reprises his role as Freddy Krueger in “Freddy vs. Jason.”
- 2010: Englund appears in the television series “Chuck” and the movie “Zombie Strippers!”
- 2018: Englund stars in the horror movie “Nightworld” and plays the character of Scarecrow in the animated movie “Batman: Gotham by Gaslight.”
Overall, Robert Englund has had a successful and varied career in film and television. Still, his iconic portrayal of Freddy Krueger has cemented his place in horror history. He has appeared in numerous horror movies and has become a beloved figure among fans. Englund left an indelible mark on the entertainment industry with his distinctive voice and memorable performances and continues to be celebrated among horror fans worldwide.
Professional life of Robert Englund
Robert Englund began his acting career in the 1970s and rose to fame in the 1980s as knife-fingered killer Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise.
He also appeared in several other horror films, such as “V”, “Urban Legend” and “The Mangler”. Apart from his work in movies, Englund also made numerous TV appearances, including “MacGyver”, “Babylon 5” and “Masters of Horror”.
Englund has also directed several horror movies and TV shows, including ‘976-Evil’ and ‘Freddy’s Nightmares’. He has worked with renowned directors such as Wes Craven and Quentin Tarantino.
Englund has received numerous awards for his contribution to the horror genre, including the Fangoria Chainsaw and Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Biography: Robert Englund
Robert was born “Robert Barton Englund”. June 6, 1947, in Glendale, California, to Scottish and Swedish parents John and Janis Englund.
His father worked as an aeronautical engineer and his mother was a nurse. Englund grew up in the nearby city of Oakland, where he attended Oakland Technical High School before moving to Los Angeles to study at Granada Hills High School.
Robert later attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, England, to hone his acting skills.
Growing up, Englund was interested in movies and horror films, which would later influence his career choices. He started his acting career in theater productions and made his screen debut in the 1974 movie ‘Buster and Billie’.
Net worth: assets and property
Robert Englund’s net worth is estimated to be around $8 million. He has amassed his wealth through his successful career as an actor, director and voice actor, mainly in horror.
Englund is known for his love of classic cars and he has owned several over the years, including a 1965 Shelby Cobra and a 1971 De Tomaso Pantera.
He also has a passion for real estate and owns several properties, including a home in Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, which he bought in 2017 for $3.1 million.
Aside from his net worth, Englund also earns a significant amount of money from his voice acting work. He has lent his voice to several animated TV shows and movies, including ‘The Batman’ and ‘Justice League: Gods and Monsters’.
Is Robert Englund still married?
Robert Englund has been married three times. His first marriage was to Elizabeth Gardner, an actress, and they were married from 1968 to 1972. He married Roxanne Rogers, a nurse, in 1986, but the couple divorced in 1988.
Englund’s longest and most famous marriage was to Nancy Booth, whom he married in 1988. Booth is a former actress and model, and the pair met on the set of the TV show “V”. They have been together for over three decades and are still happily married.
Englund and Booth have no children together, but Englund has talked about being a stepfather to Booth’s children from a previous marriage.
Yes, Robert Englund is active on both Twitter and Facebook.
On Twitter, his name is @RobertBEnglund and he has over 198,000 followers. He regularly posts updates on his current projects, shares photos from his personal life, and interacts with his fans.
On Facebook, Englund has an official page with more than 482,000 followers. He shares similar content on his Twitter account, including career and personal life updates. Englund also uses Facebook to promote his appearances at conventions and other events.
- Robert Englund is an American actor, voice actor and director, best known for his role as Freddy Krueger in the “Nightmare on Elm Street” film series.
- Robert Englund is a classically trained actor who studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London, England.
- Before becoming an actor, Englund worked as a dishwasher at a comedy club in California and as a street performer in Europe.
- Englund has appeared in over 100 movies and TV shows, including V, The Adventures of Ford Fairlane, and The Mangler.
- In addition to acting, Englund has directed several horror and science fiction films, including 976-EVIL and Killer Pad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Robert Englund is an American actor, voice actor and director, best known for playing the iconic character Freddy Krueger in the horror film franchise ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’.
Robert Englund was born on June 6, 1947 in Glendale, California, USA.
Robert Englund is listed as 175 cm tall.
Robert Englund has appeared in numerous movies and TV shows including ‘V’, ‘The Mangler’, ‘Urban Legend’, ‘Bones’, ‘The Phantom of the Opera’, ‘Charmed’, ‘Justice League’ and many more more .
Yes, Robert Englund has been married to his third wife, Nancy Booth, since 1988.
No, Robert Englund and his wife, Nancy Booth, do not have children together.
As of 2021, Robert Englund’s net worth is approximately $14 million.
Robert Englund has been nominated for multiple awards throughout his career, including a Primetime Emmy Award for his performance in the TV series ‘The Adventures of Ford Fairlane’.
Robert Englund is an American.
Robert Englund attended Oakland University in Michigan and received a Master of Fine Arts degree in 1974.
Robert Englund is known as an art collector and enjoys painting and sculpture.
Robert Englund is active on social media, with over 100,000 followers on Twitter and over 60,000 followers on Instagram.
As far as I know, the closing date of September 2021, there were no reports of any upcoming movies or projects for Robert Englund.
In interviews, Robert Englund stated that his favorite horror movie is “Psycho” (1960) directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
Yes, Robert Englund has played several roles in horror films, including Dr. Andover in “The Last Showing,” Ray in “Fear Clinic,” and Nigel in “The Midnight Man.”