Who is Alex Kinsey?
Alex Kinsey is a singer, songwriter and musician who rose to fame as one half of the duo Alex & Sierra. In 2012, he and his girlfriend, Sierra Deaton, auditioned for the third television program, season “The X Factor”, and ended up winning the competition.
Since then, Kinsey has continued his music career as a solo artist, releasing his debut EP ‘Party of One’ in 2019. With his distinctive voice, heartfelt lyrics and captivating stage presence, Kinsey has become a rising star in the world of indie pop
|First and last name
|Best known as half of X Factor winning champions Alex & Sierra launches his solo career, starting with a raucous new single, “Simple”.
Birthday and zodiac
|Age (from 2023)
|31 years old
|Date of birth
|September 8, 1991
|New Smyrna Beach High School
|The University of Central Florida
|5 feet 11 inches
|Estimated net worth
|$1 – $5 million
Family and relationship
|Brothers or sisters
Alex Kinsey Biography timeline
Alex Kinsey is an American singer and songwriter who rose to prominence after winning the third season of the reality television show “The X Factor US” in 2013 as part of the musical duo Alex & Sierra. Born September 8, 1991, in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, Alex started his music career at a young age and has since produced several notable works. Here is a detailed biography timeline of Alex Kinsey:
- 2009: Alex started his music career by performing as a solo artist and in several local bands in his hometown of New Smyrna Beach, Florida.
- 2013: Alex auditioned for the third season of the reality TV show ‘The X Factor US’ as a duo with his then-girlfriend, Sierra Deaton. The team, Alex & Sierra, impressed the judges and won the competition by signing a record deal with Syco Music and Columbia Records.
- 2014: Alex & Sierra released their debut album “It’s About Us” which peaked at number 8 on the US Billboard 200 chart. The album featured hit singles like ‘Scarecrow’ and ‘Little Do You Know’.
- 2016: After releasing a few more singles, Alex & Sierra announced their decision to end their musical partnership and focus on their solo careers.
- 2017: Alex released his debut solo single ‘Simple’ followed by ‘Caroline’ and ‘You’. He also collaborated with EDM duo Phantoms on their single ‘Pulling Me In’.
- 2018: Alex released his second solo single “Chapstick” and announced that he was working on his debut solo album.
- 2019: Alex released his third solo single ‘Games’ and performed at several music festivals, including the SunFest and the Tortuga Music Festival.
- 2020: Alex released his fourth solo single, “If You Need Me”, and his debut solo album, “Party of One”, featuring ten songs, including “Simple” and “Chapstick”.
Alex Kinsey has received critical acclaim throughout his music career and has gained a significant following. His soulful and authentic music has captured the hearts of many and his talent has only continued to grow. Alex Kinsey has established himself as a promising solo artist and one to watch in the music industry with his debut solo album.
Alex Kinsey: biography
Alex Kinsey, KINSEY, was born on September 8, 1991 in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. He grew up in a musical family, both his parents were musicians and music teachers.
Kinsey’s father played guitar and his mother played piano, and they encouraged their son to pursue music from a young age. Kinsey started playing guitar when he was just six years old and started writing songs in his early teens.
Kinsey attended New Smyrna Beach High School and was an active member of the school’s music program, participating in the choir and playing guitar in the jazz bands.
After graduating from high school, he attended the University of Central Florida in Orlando where he studied music.
During his childhood and teenage years, Kinsey was heavily influenced by various musical genres, including pop, rock, and folk. He cites artists such as John Mayer, Damien Rice and Radiohead as major influences on his music.
Professional life of Alex Kinsey
After winning The X Factor as a duo with his girlfriend, Sierra Deaton, their debut single, a cover of “Say Something” from A Great Big World, became a huge hit and entered the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.
Following their success on “The X Factor”, Kinsey and Deaton signed a recording contract with Columbia Records and released their debut album “It’s About Us” in 2014. The album received critical acclaim and spawned the hit singles “Scarecrow” and “Little You Know .”
In 2017, Kinsey and Deaton announced they would be taking an indefinite hiatus as a duo to pursue solo careers. Kinsey released his debut EP ‘Party of One’ in 2019 and has continued to release new music as a solo artist.
Throughout his career, Kinsey earned a reputation as an engaging live performer and toured extensively throughout the United States and internationally.
Alex’s personal life, relationships and children
The 30-year-old singer and songwriter is in a long-term relationship with fellow musician and former musical partner Sierra Deaton. The two started dating before auditioning for “The X Factor” in 2013 and have been together ever since.
However, the pair announced in 2017 that they had split amicably and were pursuing solo careers.
Kinsey has kept his personal life relatively private and details about his relationships and family are not widely known.
What is Alex Kinsey’s net worth in 2023?
According to formidable variable sources, Alex Kinsey’s net worth is estimated to be around $1 to $5 million. This includes his earnings from his musical career, including album sales, concerts, and merchandise sales.
His success as part of the duo Alex & Sierra and his subsequent solo career undoubtedly contributed to his net worth.
Alex Kinsey’s official Instagram account is @alexkinsey. He regularly shares photos and updates about his music and personal life with 135,000 followers.
Alex Kinsey’s official Twitter address is @Alex Kinsey. He is often spotted tweeting about his music and interacting with fans on the platform.
Alex on Apple Music
Alex Kinsey’s music can be found on Apple Music, where he has released several solo singles, including “If I’m Honest” and “Simple.” His music can be streamed or purchased on the platform.
- Alex Kinsey was born on September 8, 1991 and lives under the zodiac sign Virgo.
- While attending the University of Central Florida, he met his music partner and girlfriend, Sierra Deaton.
- The duo announced their breakup in 2017 after being together for six years and releasing several hit singles.
- Alex Kinsey released his debut solo single “Simple” in 2019, inspired by his personal experiences and relationships.
- Alex & Sierra’s debut album, “It’s Abou US”, peaked at number 8 on the US Billboard 200 chart in 2014.