Who is Aaron Lewis?
Aaron Lewis is an American singer, musician and songwriter, best known as the lead singer and founder of the rock band Staind. Staind achieved commercial success in the early 2000s with hit songs like “It’s Been Awhile” and “So Far Away.”
In addition to this work with Staind, Lewis has also released several solo albums that showcase his more country and folk-influenced style.
With his distinctive and passionate vocals, Lewis has established himself as a respected and versatile musician in the rock and country music scenes.
|First and last name
|He is best known as the lead singer, rhythm guitarist and founder of the nu metal band Staind, with whom he has released seven studio albums.
Birthday and zodiac
|Age (from 2023)
|51 years old
|Date of birth
|April 13, 1972
|Springfield, Vermont, United States
|Italian, English and Welsh
|Langeveld High School
|Five ft. 10 inches (1.78m)
|81 kg (178 lbs.)
|Estimated net worth
Family and relationship
|Brothers or sisters
|Rachel Lewis, Evyette Lewis, Jesse Lewis
|Indie Shay Lewis, Nyla Rae Lewis, Zoe Jane Lewis
Timeline Biography Aaron Lewis
Aaron Lewis is a singer, songwriter and guitarist best known as the lead singer of the rock band Staind. He has also released several successful solo albums, often focusing his music on personal themes and issues. Lewis’ powerful voice and impassioned lyrics have earned him a loyal following throughout his career.
- 1972: Aaron Lewis was born on 13th of April in Rutland City, Vermont.
- 1995: Lewis formed the band Staind with guitarist Mike Mushok, bassist Johnny April and drummer Jon Wysocki.
- 1996: Staind released their debut album “Tormented” which received critical acclaim in the alternative metal scene.
- 1999: The band released their second album, “Dysfunction”, which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart.
- 2001: Staind released their third album, “Break the Cycle”, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart and sold over 7 million copies in the US.
- 2002: Lewis released his debut solo album “Town Line” which featured the hit single “Country Boy”.
- 2003-2011: Staind released several more successful albums, including ’14 Shades of Gray’ and ‘Chapter V’.
- 2011: Lewis released his second solo album, “The Road”, which debuted at #7 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- 2014: Stain announced that they would be taking an indefinite hiatus.
- 2016: Lewis released his third solo album, “Sinner”, which reached No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- 2019: Staind reunited for a series of tour dates.
- 2021: Lewis released his fourth solo album, “Am I the Only One”, with the title track becoming a viral hit on social media.
In summary, Aaron Lewis is a singer, songwriter and guitarist who has succeeded both as a solo artist and lead singer of the rock band Staind. His powerful voice and impassioned lyrics have earned him a devoted following throughout his career. Lewis’ music often deals with personal themes and issues, and his most recent solo album features a viral hit that has resonated with audiences on social media.
Biography of American musician Aaron Lewis
Aaron Lewis was born on April 13, 1972, in Rutland, Vermont, to Jewish parents. He grew up in a rural area of Massachusetts and started playing guitar when he was 16. Lewis attended Longmeadow High School, where he played in several local bands.
After graduation, he briefly attended Western Massachusetts Technical Institute before dropping out to pursue a career in music.
Lewis comes from a family of artists and musicians; his grandfather was a jazz pianist and his mother was a choral conductor.
His upbringing in a musical environment helped shape his passion for music and his signature style of singing.
Professional career of Aaron Lewis
Aaron Lewis’ professional life began with the formation of the band Staind in 1995. With Lewis as lead vocalist, Staind gained popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s with hit songs such as “It’s Been Awhile” and “Outside”.
In addition to his work with Staind, Lewis has also released several solo albums, representing country and folk music influences.
His solo work includes the albums “Town Line”, “The Road” and “Sinner”. In addition to this musical career, Lewis advocates for veterans’ causes and has performed for numerous military events.
Collaborations with top musicians
Throughout his career, Aaron Lewis has collaborated with various musicians and artists. He collaborated with country singer George Jones on the song “Country Boy” and with Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst on the cover of “Outside”.
Lewis has also collaborated with the band Godsmack on the song “Serenity” and with the rapper Snoop Dogg on “Loosen Up”. In addition, he performed with the Zac Brown Band and opened for Kid Rock on several tours.
These collaborations allowed Lewis to showcase his versatility as a musician and expand his fan base beyond the rock and country genres.
Personal life of Aaron Lewis
Aaron is married to Vanessa Lewis and the couple have three daughters together. They live on a farm in Massachusetts and enjoy spending time outdoors with their animals.
Known as a private person, Lewis has spoken in interviews about his struggles with anxiety and depression.
Offstage, Lewis is a devoted father and husband who enjoys spending time with his family.
Net Worth of Aaron Lewis in 2023
Staind’s success in the early 2000s helped establish Lewis as a major figure in the rock music scene, and his subsequent solo albums have contributed to his financial success.
In addition, Lewis has invested in real estate and owns a farm in Massachusetts, which adds to his net worth. As of 2023, Aaron Lewis’ net worth is approximately $6 million.
Aaron Lewis is active on several social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. However, he is no longer active on MySpace.
His Instagram account is @aaronlewismusic where he has over 139,000 followers. He often shared photos and videos from his family, farm and music related events.
On Twitter, his name is @Aaronleewismusic, and he has over 109,900 followers. He uses this platform to share his thoughts and opinions on various issues and promote music and upcoming shows.
Aaron Lewis also has an official YouTube channel called AaronLewisTV, which has over 682,000 subscribers. He posts music videos, live performances and behind-the-scenes footage from his concerts and recording sessions on this channel.
- Aaron Lewis is a self-taught guitarist who learned to play the instrument at the age of 16.
- He is an outspoken supporter of Second Amendment rights and has written songs about gun ownership and firearms.
- Lewis performed with the band Limp Bizkit at Woodstock ’99 and was famously involved in a confrontation with onlookers.
- He is a philanthropist and has raised money for various charities, including veterans’ organizations and cancer research.
- Lewis is known for his signature tattoos, including a large tribal design on his upper back and a “13” on his neck.