Hello and welcome back to Equitya podcast about the business of startups, where we uncover the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Don’t forget that the code “EQUITY” can save you money on Disrupt tickets and gotechbusiness.com+ access. And it makes us look good here on the show!
Now, what have we started today?
- All over the world, stocks are higher, while major cryptos have risen sharply in the past week.
- The Ethereum update, known as the ‘Merge’, is upon us. The change in the consensus model at ETH is a big deal. How the technical change is progressing and what the market response to it is will be key events this week.
- And speaking of crypto, the SEC is get even busier in her pursuit to have a better overview of space.
- From the startup front, Gotham Greens and Diveplane have both raised $310 million and $25 million, respectively. Each is part of neat, growing sectors in startup land, making their fundraising a little more impactful than individual rounds usually are.
- And then quick takes: Everyone’s worried about TokTik, Amazon’s content budget is insaneand EQT has a huge new fund.
We’ll be back on Wednesday, and our Friday show will be recorded live on Thursday!