Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the startup business, where we unravel the numbers and nuances behind the headlines.
This is our Wednesday show, where we narrow down to one person, reflect on their work, and unwrap the rest. This week, Mary Ann interviewed Hans Tungprolific investor and managing partner of GGVa venture capital firm with over $9 billion in assets under management.
We had a nice conversation about:
- How he advises portfolio companies to weather this recession
- What he looks for in new investments
- How startups can stay relevant regardless of the economic environment
- What he’d be if he wasn’t VC (hint: Mark Cuban follows a similar playbook)
- His new initiative on embedded fintech
With twenty years of experience investing in companies such as Affirm and Airbnb, Hans has gone through more than one cycle and his calm, steadfast approach to handling challenging macro environments shines through. I really enjoyed learning more about what Hans thinks about investing, in addition to what he considers the best advice he’s ever received, and I hope you will too!
Equity drops every Monday at 10am PT and at 7am PT on Wednesdays and Fridays, so subscribe to us at Apple podcasts, Cloudy, Spotify and all casts. gotechbusiness.com also has one great show on cryptoa show founders being intervieweda dat describes how our stories come together and more!