Today videos are circulating on social media or even sent to any device in 4K. This indicates the increasing size of the videos and the same is true for images and games.
The size of the software, games, and file that someone has on their computer is getting bigger, which turns out to be a worrisome issue in the future.
Besides, games are downloaded as 200GB and applications have also increased in size. However, this can cause a lot of problems and transferring or copying files to another source or medium is a little more difficult than before.
You can email a video, but again, you have a size limit and the same is true for various sharing and social media apps. You cannot send files and the like if they exceed a certain limit.
To solve this problem, consider splitting large files into different parts and then copying or moving them to another medium. This makes the whole process easier and effortless.
The best thing is that you can merge the files after splitting them easily. Isn’t it interesting? You can split files on your Windows PC in several ways. Here are some of the ways you can split large files with ease:
How to Split Large Zip Files into Multiple Parts using Winrar?
- Let’s divide a large file into smaller parts with WinRAR archiving software
- If WinRAR is not installed on your PC, you can DOWNLOAD it from here.
- After downloading, install WinRAR on your Windows PC.
- Then go to the folder where the file is located.
- Right-click on it and click on the “Add to file” option.
- At the bottom you will see the option “Divide into volumes, size”.
- Set the desired file size in KB, MB or GB.
- Suppose if the file size is 1 GB, you split the file into 5 parts of 200 MB each.
- Then click OK to create the file.
- Once the process is completed, you will see the folder divided into 200MB per file.