Instagram has introduced a much needed recently deleted feature that allows you to view and recover deleted messages in the app. The company says it has also added protection to prevent hackers from compromising your account and deleting messages you have shared. The feature is rolling out gradually to both Android phones and iPhones, so there’s a chance that not everyone can access this feature yet.
Until now, there was no way to recover deleted Instagram messages, but now you can easily delete or recover content permanently from Recently Deleted folder. Any photos, videos, roles, IGTV videos and stories that you want to delete from your feed will now be moved to the Recently Deleted folder so that you can access your deleted content later. It is important to note that deleted Instagram stories that are not in your archive will remain in the folder for up to 24 hours and everything else will be automatically deleted 30 days later.
Instagram: How to Restore Deleted Posts
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore your deleted Instagram posts.
- Install the latest version of Instagram from Google Play or App Store.
- Open the app and go to your profile.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top right corner and go to Settings.
- Go to Account and tap on the new Recently Deleted.
- Your recently deleted content will be displayed on the screen.
- Now tap on the message you want to retrieve and then tap on the three dots icon at the top.
- You can now choose to permanently delete or retrieve the message. Tap Recover to get your deleted message back.
- During the restore, you must first verify that this is the case for security reasons. You will receive a one-time password (OTP) to your phone number or email address.
- Now enter the code and tap Confirm.
- Your deleted Instagram post will be recovered.