Facebook is among the largest social media platforms and brings together people from different regions, ethnicities, and cultures. Instagram, owned by Facebook, also offers a platform for people of different backgrounds to connect and share their interests. Both platforms allow you to browse and share content in multiple languages, either in the app or in your desktop browser. So if you are looking to change your language to express yourself better, we have put together a step-by-step guide on how you can do that.
Changing the language settings in your Facebook account on one device will not change the settings on other devices. Also, changing the language settings on Facebook or Instagram will not affect the language settings on your computer, phone, or other devices.
Change the language setting in the Facebook app on Android
- Open the Facebook application on your Android device
- Tap the hamburger menu icon at the top right
- Scroll down to Settings & Privacy and tap on it
- Select Language and choose from the list
Change language settings in the Facebook app on iOS
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone
- Tap the hamburger menu icon at the bottom right
- Scroll down to select Settings & Privacy
- Tap on App Language
- You will be taken to the configuration of your iPhone device, where you can select the preferred language for the Facebook application.
Change Facebook language settings in the browser
- Click the drop down arrow in the upper right
- Select Settings and privacy
- Click on Settings
- Click Language & Region
- Click Edit in the Facebook language section.
- Select your preferred language from the drop-down menu and click Save Changes
Change the language settings in the Instagram app on Android or iOS
- Open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS device
- Tap the profile icon in the lower right.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper right.
- Select Settings at the bottom
- Tap Account
- Touch Language and select from the list of available languages
Change Instagram language settings in the browser
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right.
- Select a profile
- Scroll down and you should see a drop-down icon next to a language
- Click on it and select your preferred language