Who is Richard Thomas?
Richard Thomas is a renowned American actor best known for his pivotal role as John-Boy Walton in the CBS TV series, The Waltons. Garnished with esteemed accolades, Thomas has been lauded with an Emmy Award for his role in the CBS series.
Moreover, Richard Thomas has garnered more than two Golden Globe Award nominations and another Emmy nomination for his hugely exciting contribution.
Additionally, Richard received media attention in his 1990 TV miniseries It, an adaptation of Stephen King’s epic horror – his portrayal as the character of Special Agent Frank Gaad in FX’s spy thriller sitcom The Americans.
|First and last name||Richard Thomas|
|Popular for||He is best known for starring as John-Boy Walton in the CBS drama The Waltons.|
Birthday and zodiac
|Age (from 2022)||71 years old|
|Date of birth||June 13, 1951|
|Birthplace||Manhattan, New York, United States|
|School||McBurney School and Allen-Stevenson School|
|Height||Five ft. 8 inches (1.74m)|
|Weight||51 kg (112 lbs.)|
|Estimated net worth||$7 million|
Family and relationship
|Father||Richard S. Thomas|
|Husband||Georgiana Bischoff (m. 1994), Alma Gonzales (m. 1975-1993)|
|Brothers or sisters||Bronwyn Thomas|
|Children||Gweneth Gonzales Thomas, Montana James Thomas, Richard Francisco Thomas, Pilar Alma Thomas, and Barbara Ayala Thomas|
Richard Thoma Biography Timeline
Richard Thomas is an American actor known for his role as John-Boy Walton in the television series ‘The Waltons’ for which he won an Emmy Award. Born in 1951 in New York City, Thomas began acting at a young age and had a successful career in television and theater. Here is a timeline of Richard Thomas’s life and career:
- June 13, 1951: Richard Thomas was born in New York City to Barbara and Richard S. Thomas.
- 1958: Thomas makes his Broadway debut at seven in “Sunrise at Campobello.”
- 1962: He appears in the movie “The Miracle Worker” alongside Anne Bancroft and Patty Duke.
- 1971: Thomas stars as John-Boy Walton in the television series ‘The Waltons’, which airs until 1981.
- 1973: He wins an Emmy Award for his role in ‘The Waltons’.
- 1975: Thomas debuts his feature film ‘All the President’s Men’ alongside Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman.
- 1980: He stars alongside Lee Marvin in the TV miniseries “The Big Red One”.
- 1991: Thomas stars in the Broadway production of ‘Four Baboons Adoring the Sun’.
- 1993: He appears in the television movie ‘The Fire Next Time’.
- 1998: Thomas stars in the Broadway production of ‘The Front Page’.
- 2001: He joins the cast of the television series ‘The Education of Max Bickford’.
- 2004: Thomas stars in the Broadway production of ‘A Naked Girl on the Appian Way’.
- 2009: He appears in the television series ‘Lie to Me’.
- 2011: Thomas stars in the television movie ‘Beyond the Blackboard’.
- 2017: He stars in the Broadway production of ‘The Little Foxes’.
READ ALSO: Robert Redford Young Films, Wife, Kids, Height, Nationality, Net Worth, Occupation, Age, Career, Bio, Wiki
Richard Thomas has received numerous awards and nominations throughout his career, including Emmy Awards, Tony Award nominations, and a Drama Desk Award. He has also been involved in several philanthropic endeavors, including supporting the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and serving as a board member for the World Wildlife Fund. Thomas continues to act in television, film and theater and remains a respected figure in the entertainment industry.
Richard Thomas bio
Richard was born on June 13, 1951 in an American family in Manhattan, New York, United States of America. Thomas was filled with every privilege as he grew up to become an esteemed performer and ballet professional Richard S.
Thomas and Barbara Fallis. Richard holds the American nationality and believes in the Zen religion, while his zodiac sign, according to date of birth, is in Gemini.
After completing undergraduate and high school at McBurney School and Allen-Stevenson School, Richard continued his undergraduate studies at Columbia University, majoring in Chinese. Thomas initially started with Chinese but later switched to the English department.
Still, Richard dropped out of college during his junior year, determined to play the part in Los Angeles.
Professional career of Richard Thomas
Starting with enthusiasm and the right determination from an early age, Thomas invested in acting at the age of seven in the Broadway play Sunrise at Campobello. He performed in the 1959 TV show A Doll House.
The American actor rose to prominence during his acting career in the 1960s when he starred in the soap operas A Flame in the Wind, The Edge of Night and As the World Turns.
After almost ten years in soap operas, the American actor took his initials in the film Winning (1969). Moreover, despite having acted in numerous films, Thomas proved his excellence in the 1972 TV series The Waltons, playing John Walton.
He then went on to star in the following film in the following years, including The Red Badge of Courage (1951), Living Proof (2008), The Master of Ballantrae (1984), and Final Jeopardy (1985).
Who is Richard’s wife?
The American actor has been married twice in his life. He was formerly married to Alma Gonzales; the duo married in 1975 on Valentine’s Day.
The couple had their first son, Richard Francisco, and were later blessed with three more daughters named Pilar, Barbara, and Gwyneth. The duo approached their 20th anniversary and broke up in 1993.
Second, on November 20, 1994, Richard married Georgiana Bischoff, an art dealer by trade. The couple got Montana James Thomas from his marriage to Bischoff.
New York-based actor Richard Thomas enjoys life off the grid while keeping a low profile in the digitally accepted social world. The American actor is not available on social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
An unofficial Twitter account, @Richard Thomas, has prevailed since November 2011 and has more than 2.6,000 followers.
- Richard attended Columbia University
- He is the guardian of his five children.
- Thomas has been married twice, first to Alma Gonzales and then to Georgiana Bischoff in 1994.
- The American actor is a practitioner of Zen religion.
- The veteran actor rests lavishly with a net worth of $7 million as of 2023.